Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia

Come here to Play Mafia the Forum Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS

Go down 
+7
Ann R. Kist
talhun69
Wave
thefiend
tubby216
Dustin
Crystal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Crystal
Admin
Admin
Crystal

Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS Empty
PostSubject: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:27 pm

Taking any suggestions on Rules , things u like, things you'd like changed about the way we play Mafia. feel free to post your thoughts here.
Back to top Go down
http://gigawattsradio.com
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 pm

As to the rules regarding language and pictures ect. I think we should be more relaxed then tunes was, I say make racist/sexist language firmly against the rules with banning as the consequence for violation, I doubt that would be an issue with the current crowd we have, but better safe then sorry. Other then that I think the crowd we have is mature enough to handle the occasional fuck or whathaveyou.

As for the game, as it was at tunes the setup of each particular game should be left to the mod of that game who should have discretion over pretty much everything, whether the dead can talk or not, what roles to use, how many mafia, whether or not to disclose that information ect. the only thing I would like to ask is that any roles people wish to include in the game provide a description of that role in the rules thread that is already setup including the rules governing that particular role and any alternative titles so it can be included if someone else decides to do a game of werewolf/assassin. That way future mods will have a larger pool of roles to choose from giving the game more depth and variety and we will all also be aware of what roles may be involved in each game and know what they do.
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:02 pm

dustin do you mean that each game mod would have their own area in wich they control and have an introduction thread staing who they are basic storyline of their game and the roles to be played out with in their game?? if so that would be cool, along with a general area for disscusions on other off or non game play topics
Back to top Go down
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:13 pm

@ tubby I geuss I should have been more clear for people new to this game. your post is close to what I was saying basically the way we played mafia at tunes was we left the game highly customizable for each mod instead of having a iron clad set of roles/rules and such.

It basically works out like you said each time a mod starts a new game they pick a theme generally werewolf or mafia they choose which roles they want in the game and choose members to fill those roles at random and then inform the chosen members what those roles entail and they can if they wish reveal what roles are in the game to all the players or they can conceal that information. Then the game is usually started as you said with a brief story introduction and the mod continues to watch over the thread creating death scenes and writing the games story as things progress.
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:15 pm

thanks i get it ,,, damn i am such a noob lol
Back to top Go down
thefiend

thefiend

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:19 pm

I think there should be a solid deadline for both day and night phazes. No early posting of mafia kills, so users cant start using login times as evidence. The night phaze can be shorter, but remember, the mafia also needs time to deliberate, especially after the lynching has occured.

Besides that, the way we played so far has been fun. I agree let the mods decide how to play, if the roles in play are revealed or not etc.

Extra roles I made up Smile

Zombie - Innocent that can still vote after death
FBI Agent - has a total of 2-3 investigations to use all at once, or one night at a time (for LARGE games)
Frontman - Mafia that shows up as innocent because he owns a legitimate restaurant on the east side of town Smile
Lobbyist - Mafia that can survive 1 lynching
Informant - If he can identify the cop, via inquiry each night, he will be told 1 random mafia member and can PM the cop
Deputy - Can pm with the cop.
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:20 pm

I usually use Explorer. There was no profile option for me to click on. I had to switch to Firefox to get my full option bar on top. Just FYI for peoples Idea
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Admin
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:21 pm

Wave wrote:
I usually use Explorer. There was no profile option for me to click on. I had to switch to Firefox to get my full option bar on top. Just FYI for peoples Idea

UH???
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:01 pm

You can't get to change your profile with Explorer. That's all.

I love you this idea and the creator Smile
Back to top Go down
talhun69
talhun69

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:57 pm

I agree.

I think there should be overlying rules regarding the general game-play and of course the behaviour in this forum. However each game can be altered by the person Modding it. This will keep each game fresh and new, otherwise it will end up being same 'ol same 'ol

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinglakeolivegrove.com
Ann R. Kist

Ann R. Kist

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Suggestion: I would like to have a large number of players, and to acheive that I think we should advertise, maybe on other similar forum boards or other game sites or wherever. But the more people the more fun and the more roleplayers in my opinion. What does thou think?
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:15 pm

The deadlines should be LONGER THAN ONE DAY!!

too many people can't get in every day!!

c
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Admin
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:44 pm

its been open for 3 days, AND its only wed. 2 days still.
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:00 pm

No, sweetie! I mean during game-play.

Like, a deadline every night . . thats brutal!
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Admin
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:04 pm

OOOO i think it being longer than 1 day would make the game forver long. but its open for discusssion. Laughing
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:27 pm

Also.. I don't know what's up with this Bulletin Board Software. . .. but I like it.

There is one thing, though....
I have seen boards that you can
SHOW POSTS BY >> USER<<<

It is awesome.. cuz you can review the person that you want to...

I don't know if I explained it well.
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:29 pm

like this:
Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS Untitled-1
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:29 pm

yah i have seen it on bb boards. but its usally shows when you veiw the user's profile

it states "view last 10 post by this user" or "view all posts by this user"

but yah its cool
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Admin
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:31 pm

i have alot of options here , its a matter of me learning all this.. i think i know what you mean..lol
Back to top Go down
Adrian

Adrian

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:51 pm

We can always start the first game in the classic way. As we grow bigger and we MAY have to split people in different games or we reach huge amounts of players, THEN we could seriously start thinking about 2-day phases.
Back to top Go down
Draklems

Draklems

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:28 am

Well Crystal you're already aware of the only suggestion I'm making, which is to have the default answer 'yes' instead of 'no' to the attach signiture thingy in the user options. That a tiny detail really, but just thought I'd mention it. The only other thing I can think of if that one smily that has'm eating an ice cream cone, I love that one!
Back to top Go down
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:05 am

@ camn you can already view all of someones previous posts, the option to do that is in there profile.
Back to top Go down
gtosdad

gtosdad

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:00 pm

Great Job with the site.

Love you for a place to play.
Back to top Go down
http://gryffansnest.com
Adrian

Adrian

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:25 pm

Suggestion:

We have a theme for when Town wins, and a Theme for when we play the game.

We should have a theme for when Mafia wins, different from the default one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS   Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please let me know what you think...SUGGESTIONS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mafia :: General Discussion-
Jump to: