Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia

Come here to Play Mafia the Forum Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Freetown Mafia X

Go down 
+6
Epod~Lady
Wave
Dustin
Crystal
tubby216
Guido Capone
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:37 pm

Ok this is the sign up I will tell everyone these things.

1 depending on the number of people that sign up will depend on how many active town roles there will be. (2 - 4 depending)

2 there will be two mafia families they will start as Godfathers/mothers they will have recruting abilities.

I will post begining game information at the start of game day monday morning Nov 2nd 2008, trying to give everyone a weekend to get lit or to relax.

Edited to say I will open the forum on saturday to let you guys talk things out till monday nite starts the official Votes.

Last edited by Guido Capone on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://stardawn.forumotion.net/forum.htm
tubby216
tubby216

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:46 pm

/in
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Admin
Crystal

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:52 pm

affraid IN IN IN IN IN affraid
Back to top Go down
http://gigawattsradio.com
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:42 pm

I will play, and there goes my game with two families being a first Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:22 pm

Last game had too many mafia. It basically came down to which mafia family won. The town didn't really have any chance of winning. With eight mafia in the town, even with them killing each other, it was just too much. The cop roles were basically useless even if they had lived on longer. Perhaps if there were more than the dozen or so players we have the game could have been interesting with more than one family. The size of our game limits the amount of twist that you can put into it without causing lunacy.

So now here we go again with a limited amount of players and two mafia families. Once again it'll be a mafia shootout with any non-mafia roles pretty well acting as dressing. I mean you have to have some innocents or else everyone from one family would know all the members of the other family. But the innocents have no chance against two families. One family is hard enough to beat.

No offense to the previous game mod or this one. This just isn't for me. Not in.

P.S. To anyone who receives an innocent role this game: Get on your knees and pray to your maker because you might as well have been handed a death sentence. And even if you aren't dead at the end (I was still alive at the end last game) there is no way that one of the families isn't going to take the town.

Last edited by Wave on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:35 pm

there will be a mayor to help keep the towns people from hanging one of their own i am also going to limit the amount of people the godparents can recrut so it wont end up like tubbys game with more mafia than town that just wouldn't be fair. i also plan to make it that only one family can win.
Back to top Go down
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:07 pm

The idea being that every faction needs a chance to win, you have to find a way to balance the scales. I would suggest a maximum of three mafia per family and making the family's alternate night kills so there is only 1 night kill each day time period this put's the emphasis back on the lynch and both mafia factions will have to work to try and get the members of the other faction lynched during the day also the town still will have a chance since they control the lynch plus the mafia wil have to stay pretty busy trying to wipe one another out to worry about offing townies too early. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Epod~Lady
Spankalicious
Spankalicious
Epod~Lady

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Inshkie Like a Star @ heaven I love you
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:08 pm

The townies will be cannon fodder. Advantage mafia, completely. Which family wins, who cares? You'll make sure only one family wins, Guido? Well, like the last game that's how it works. Only one family will win. But not the town.

I'm not trying to make people's life difficult. But this thing is the mafia against the townies. Perhaps in a game where we have lots more people this would work and be entertaining and on a level playing field. There are only a limited amount of players in this game.

This game is meant to be a challenge between the mafia and the townies. It has now become mafia family against mafia family with the townies as a buffer to attract kills or lynches so that it is not a 50/50 battle between the families.

Do we not see this, people? Dustin and I were both Docs in the last game. We protected each other all game in hopes that we could win it for the town. Tubby216 laughed and called it a loophole that he didn't forsee. Even that didn't work. In the end one of the mafia families won and that will be the way it will go again.

Let's get back to mafia against town. Add a twist, maybe. Two mafia families with this many players = mafia win, townies are simply cannon fodder.

Still not in, I guess that's obvious, lol.
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:39 pm

/In.

You know what would be cool? If real Townies were immune to nightkills. They could only be lynched. Then the mafia would have to figure out
a) Who the other mafia is, and Nightkill them...
and
b) who the townies are.. and lynch them.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:55 am

I'm done... period... I will play but I no longer wanna mod... thought I did but fuck it what I wanna do in my game is depenedent on the amount of players and there is not enough players to give MY TOWNIES a chance, I am a superficial kimda guy and I no longer beleive that I have a game that will intice people to play... Even if one person on this site is not willing to give ME a chance as a mod to show THEM that my game will be differant than any Mafia game played so far on this site, then it nolonger matters... I have something in mind that will blow your minds But I need alot of people.. I need enough people to give everyone a chance and I dont have that.

@crystal if I don't PM you by saturdaynite I am not the mod for the next game.............. I don't wanna mod a game that is not copastetic for everyone on this site.

I am sorry for the ones that wanna play, but it seems that MY ideas are not good enough... I BELIEVE THAT MY GAME WILL BE DIFFERENT. but obviuosely I'm wrong...

I will play but I will not Mod,
Back to top Go down
Ann R. Kist

Ann R. Kist

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:52 am

I suggest just telling us your idea. cause I am intrigued but wont play if I don't know what it is, and I don't even care if it is totally unfair against the townies that doesn't bother me at all as long as i am told up front, but I ain't into getting jerked around by moderators, if its done right the moderater shouldn't have to be explaining shit after the game ends.
Back to top Go down
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 4:45 am

@ ann r kist I did not read your intirer post be fore this ... my wife and I were talking and this is what we ...or should I say "I" Agreed on.............

This game is not based on the ability of the town to win it is based on who wins, My game will give town or a mafia family a chance to win... if you wanna win then beat the other people, weather it be town or mafia1 or mafia2 this is not supposed to be just a town win it is only suposed to be a winning team..... In every other game except tubbies it has been based on town or mafia winning,,, mine will be based on one TEAM winning, and after much thought the best way to play and win is to make sure YOUR TEAM wins.... If you do not wanna play to win and you wanna have an advantage then keep playing the NORMAL games you are use to, but if you want a challange then sign up for my game... I refuse now to BOW DOWN TO MY INSUBORDENATS... win or lose this game is called MAFIA for a reason the town is not supposed to win everygame.

@CRYSTAL please disregard any posts I have sent you to quit modding I will refuse to BOW OUT for anyone.... I AM AN OUTLANDER AND WE BOW TO NOONE..... Period....

@Cam I will take your idea under consideration, however the only way to win is to be the TEAM that has the most players...

In so far

Tubby
Camn
Dustin
Crystal
Epod~Lady
The Fiend
Ann R. Kist...Maybe

Last edited by Guido Capone on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thefiend

thefiend

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 5:35 am

count me in blow up
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:21 am

screw that just run your game, if people play people play

go with the number you gott at your deadline and adjust the game acccordingly

ok and wave take a deep breath please my post over at my game thread ,,, and people do not judge guido's game base on the sucess or failure of my game
Back to top Go down
Stimp
TuneBully Refugee
Stimp

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Personally, I don't think there are enough players here for three teams but Guido seems to have ideas as to how it will work so I'll give it a shot.

At the risk of being accused AGAIN of persecuting, the idea of townies being immune from night killing wouldn't work. There is a high chance that with that strategy the game could be deadlocked.

I.E mafia 1 kills all mafia 2 leaving the same number of townies as mafia 1. Even if the town still had a vigilante they would be unwise to use their role unless they were 100% sure their target was mafia.
Back to top Go down
thefiend

thefiend

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 4:45 pm

What if all the innocents were cops lol. That would help sort out the teams. Anyway, there is a lot that can be done and a lot to think about here. Good luck guido, can't wait to see what you come up with. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 5:11 pm

I'm not judging this game because of someone else's game. I simply am pointing out that there are not enough people playing to have three different factions. The town will be overrun by mafia like the last game simply because of the setup.

To repeat. This is about the town against the mafia. It was not meant to be "Mafia Wars". The townies had no chance last game and they won't again this game.

If there were more players perhaps. But even then I might consider not joining in. I hope everyone has fun.
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:33 pm

Oo, you're right stimp. I never thought about the endgame!

c
Back to top Go down
Epod~Lady
Spankalicious
Spankalicious
Epod~Lady

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:18 am

I don't want to stick my nose in or anything , because I olnly moded One time. I don't know much , but reading about different set~ups might give you a good idea on what is "fair" for everyone. At least I think it did for me .. pirat tongue

I don't know if you've seen it , but it might help you out Guido.

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=C9

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=F11

As a new Mod I felt alot of pressure too.
I suggest researching the set~ups and gameplays. If you really are passionate about putting on a good game. Like a Star @ heaven I love you
Back to top Go down
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:37 am

seven people is not enough to even play a single family game let alone mine it is 10:30 am est Satuday nov 1st 2008.
in light of the lack of people signing up I will have to respectfully decline modding.....

@wave one more thing this site has like 43 users had even 1/3 of them signed up I would have had enough to run two families, I was hopeing enough people would sign up just out of curiosity. Guess I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:53 am

then run a different 1 with 2 scum no cop
Back to top Go down
Ann R. Kist

Ann R. Kist

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:29 am

We need some new blood time to recruit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Freetown Mafia X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freetown Mafia X   Freetown Mafia X I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freetown Mafia X
Page 1 of 1