Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia

Come here to Play Mafia the Forum Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mafia 5 or V Sign ups

Go down 
+10
Guido Capone
talhun69
wildirishrose
Crystal
camn
tubby216
gtosdad
Epod~Lady
Dustin
Ann R. Kist
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ann R. Kist

Ann R. Kist

Mafia 5 or V Sign ups Empty
PostSubject: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:59 am

Okay, I don't know about you guys but personally I am sick of not knowing the rules before you play. I will be your mod during the next game, but I believe the Mod should be totally impartial, and a small part of the game, in addition I will not exercise any power over the players unless it is absolutely necessary to make a ruling. During mafia V or 5 you will know what roles there are, what there exact functions are and there will be no changes during the game for any reason. If a assigned role is given to a no-show that is tough luck for that side. I am thinking that this will be a three way game, Mafia, vigilantes, and Townies, with the vigilantes getting one kill between the two of them (I'm thinking one will be a head vigilante and one junior, but able to converse), the town will get two doctors and a cop, and there will be three plain mafia members. If a Doctor saves a mafia kill the saved person will then become a vigilante. The last group standing wins. This is my rough plan unless there are too many or too few signed up. So if you are interested please sign up below. Official rules will be posted in the first post, but of course no screenshots, quotes, outside communication (unless allowed) is allowed, and Roles will not be drawn until right before start time (probably a week).
Look forward to seeing everyone there.
Back to top Go down
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:10 am

I'm definitely playing, I also prefer it when the roles are announced it gives more dimension to the strategic part of the game.

by the sounds of it your "vigilantes" are essentially playing the part of a second mafia family so I don't think the rule that if the doctor saves a townie they become a member of this "vigilante" family would work if the vigilantes are ultimately against the town it would then be in the best interests of the doctors not to save anyone because if they did they would only be providing another member for a team that's trying to kill them.
Back to top Go down
Epod~Lady
Spankalicious
Spankalicious
Epod~Lady

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:30 am

I shall play Very Happy Like a Star @ heaven I love you

Mafia 5 or V Sign ups Tatoo10

Epod~Lady got a tattoo!.. I知 Epod~Lady dammnit! I知 about getting drunk, I知 about havin fun, I知 about havin a good time. I知 about meetin girls, I知 about meetin guys and whoever doesn稚 like it, can go FUCK themselves ; because that痴 what I知 all about!
I知 Epod~Lady, and that痴 what Epod~Lady is all about!

Edited to say : I love you P.S. 143 to whoever gets that lol I love you
Back to top Go down
gtosdad

gtosdad

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:31 am

I'm in
Back to top Go down
http://gryffansnest.com
Ann R. Kist

Ann R. Kist

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:53 am

good point dustin, I am not sure about that aspect, but the doctors would be able to stop a vigilante kill as well with no alteration to the townie. The idea was: an attempted hit would make a townie take justice into their own hands this would also make the doctors be careful of who they protect.

I am trying to make the three teams as balanced as possible so any suggestions are welcome.
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:34 am

/in
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:36 pm

/in, Obviously.

Though you all should know.. I just started school... so I may be a little less active than I have been in the summer!
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Admin
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:37 pm

wootwoot IN
Back to top Go down
http://gigawattsradio.com
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:38 pm

vote camn

cause thats how i sarted off last game and we won lol
Back to top Go down
wildirishrose

wildirishrose

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:57 pm

i'm in
Back to top Go down
talhun69
talhun69

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:21 pm

I'm back and I'm In....

shagg
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinglakeolivegrove.com
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:42 pm

I would like to try my hand at it again I will be on my best behavior... won't promise no smoking but will act more accordingly
Back to top Go down
http://stardawn.forumotion.net/forum.htm
thefiend

thefiend

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:49 am

Im in fo' sho'!
Back to top Go down
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:13 am

Ok people I know that it is going to take at least a week b 4 kist gets the next game up and running so how bout you guys post on forgotten realms heres the address if you need it.

http://forgottenrealms.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Hope to see you there
Back to top Go down
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 5:02 am

I think I have finally figured out whos brother you are!
Back to top Go down
Epod~Lady
Spankalicious
Spankalicious
Epod~Lady

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 5:17 am

Are you Tubbys Bro Giudo ?, come on admit it lol Like a Star @ heaven I love you
Back to top Go down
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:32 am

nope Godling is tubbys brother, I'm 99% sure Guido and Cris are brothers it's what makes the most sense I will also hazard a guess that Guido is Xypher on Cris's Forgotten realms site.
Back to top Go down
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 5:18 pm

@dustin, there are only 3 people on this forum that know who my brother is and for his safety I will continue to keep it a secret as far as my name on the other site well your batten a 0-2 man I hope you are never called apon to break a knee cap or two.

@epod, as told to dustin... for my families sake I will keep their identity safe not even the mafia will get me to talk... hehehe
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:15 pm

I'm in. If I'm a doc, though, I won't be protecting anyone's hide if they may turn into a vig because then they are on another team. I don't think anyone would. So you might end up with non-practicing docs, which would mean that the cop would not want to come out.

So what you might end up with is three mafia, two docs that don't protect, a cop that won't want to come out because of no protection, and two vigilantes. Because the docs aren't protecting noone would be saved from a mafia kill, so there would be no chance of the vigilante team growing.

I thought about maybe you making only one of the docs protection vig oriented and not telling either doc whether their protection is vig oriented or not. But then I thought that I still wouldn't want to use my protection if I was a doc.

Here's an idea maybe to think about. Since both the mafia and the vigilantes will have a clear choice on their respective night kill and everyone votes for the lynch why don't you make the vigilante team a clear cut threesome like the mafia team and simply leave it at that? Three mafia and three vigilantes and then the rest of the town. The docs won't be afraid to protect someone and the cop might have a chance to come out later in the game knowing that perhaps he or she will be provided protection.
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:27 pm

wow thats alot of thinkin,,

oh well i just wanna play
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:27 pm

Well, suggestions were welcomed and I don't want to forget how to type after a week. Here's a comedy starting soon that looks like it good be pretty funny. I've never watched Heroes, but I know the basic premise. This would be your satirical side of that concept, I imagine.

Back to top Go down
Ann R. Kist

Ann R. Kist

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:00 pm

I like the idea of the vigilante's being able to gain a member . would you protect people if only an ordinary townie could be converted, and the docs and cop were unconvertable? or would you guys prefer two cops and one doc? remember, evenly balanced teams is the goal.
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:09 pm

ok

have like
3 mafia
3 vigilantes
2 cops
1 doc

rules,

mafia comunicate with each other

vig's comunicate with each other

if a cop gets finds a vig that cop can comunicate with that vig, that vig may not reveal the cops identy or his fellow vigs identity with anyone,

the key to this would be having enough townies in the mix to make it inertesting
other wise if you play the numbers right everyone could come out and it would be like ole ole ox n free

either that or mix the number and make it uneven to keep the air of surprise
Back to top Go down
godling

godling

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:49 pm

i'm in this time but like camn i also just went back to school but i should have plenty of time to keep up with the game. how do the vigilantes win?
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:54 pm

when mafia dies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 5 or V Sign ups   Mafia 5 or V Sign ups I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mafia 5 or V Sign ups
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next