Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia

Come here to Play Mafia the Forum Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups

Go down 
+2
Wave
camn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
camn

camn

Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups Empty
PostSubject: Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups   Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Hi everyone.

Id like to run a game.. it is different than you are used to.

It will be 5 PLAYERS.. and only people who have played a couple games this first time, if that is OK.
/in in this thread... if you get left out, no worries.. I will run more.

1. Wave
2. HowardRoark
3. Tubby216
4. Guido Capone
5. EpodLady

It will be the VENGEFUL setup:
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Vengeful

NO DEADLINES.

Each Day will go until a majority vote is reached.

NO POWER ROLES.

Roles
There are 2 mafia, one of whom is the "godfather." The other 3 players are townies.

Rules
The game uses standard mafia rules, with the following exceptions and details:

* The mafia can't kill at all. There is essentially no Night phase.
* If the godfather is lynched at any point, the town immediately wins. (This is the only special quality of the godfather.)
* If, on Day 1 only, one of the townies is lynched, this townie immediately gets to make a vigilante kill.
* The town does not automatically win by having the godfather killed in this way.
* Mafia wins when there are at least as many mafia as townies, and the town doesn't have a vengeance kill to use.

--------------------
Thanks to Plum for the following

Roles

Three players receive the following PM:

Quote :
You are a Townie. You’re on the side of truth, justice, and baby panda bears. Awesome, huh?

You’re equipped with your wits, your vote, and a knife.. If you are lynched Day One, you must choose a player to kill by posting Kill: Playername in the thread (you may not post anything else). You win when all Mafia-aligned players are dead and at least one Town-aligned player remains alive.

One player receives the following PM:

Quote :
You are a Mafia Goon. You’re on the side of death and despair. Playername is your Godfather.
You lose immediately if your Godfather is ever lynched. You win when Mafia-aligned players outnumber Town-aligned players or nothing can prevent the same. You may converse at any time with your partner in crime via PM.

One player receives the following PM:

Quote :
You are a Mafia Godfather. You’re on the side of death and despair. Playername is your Goon.
You lose immediately if you are ever lynched. You win when Mafia-aligned players outnumber Town-aligned players or nothing can prevent the same. You may converse at any time with your partner in crime via PM.

---------------

RULES

thanks Cicero and Plum.

[01] VOTING METHOD: Votes must be in Yellow. example: Vote: Cicero If you do not YELLOW your vote, it will not be counted. Please be attentive and Unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.

[02] LYNCH: Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, any attempts to unvote will be useless. This period of time is called "Twilight". Someone can PM me when a majority is reached, if you are in a hurry!

[03] NO LYNCH: You can't. This game is Nightless.

[04] DEADLINE: Does not exist. Will Not exist. If the game lags, we abandon it.

[05] GHOST THREAD: No. No talking after you die.

[06] RULE SIX: Got bleached by the sun. Whoops.

[07] LURKING AND NOT POSTING: Lurking is not an acceptable strategy in this game. Anyone who goes more than 72 hours without posting, without advance warning, will be prodded. If the prodded player does not post within 48 hours of the prod being sent, I will search for a replacement.

[08] OUT OF THREAD COMMUNICATION: The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so – and then only in the manner stated in your role PM. Don’t quote any out-of-thread communications regarding this game in the thread.

[09] DEAD = DEAD: Aside from a vengeful kill, please do not post after death. Twilight posting by any and all players, however, is fine.

[10] I'M CONFUSED RULE: Try not to edit/delete previously submitted posts, except for typos/clarity.

[11] VACATION? LIMITED ACCESS? If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in this game thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

[12] FALLIBILITY CLAUSE: Unlike other mods I am fallible. Please point out any mistakes I make gently. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, it is your responsibility to correct me -- otherwise your vote may be treated as it appears in the vote count.

[13] QUESTIONS: If you have any questions at all, please PM me or post the question in the thread.

[14] FUN: Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod. I have very low tolerance for abusive posts.

[15] Yellow is for voting and unvoting. Please don't use it for anything else!

[16] MODKILLING I reserve the right to modkill you for breaking any of the above rules or not, as I choose. If you are modkilled, you lose automatically, even if your original win condition is eventually reached. I doubt this will happen!

Last edited by camn on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

PostSubject: Re: Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups   Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:39 pm

That' a strange setup. Kinda hard to tell who is mafia if there are no night kills IMO. Sounds quick as well. Don't think that it'll still be ongoing when the next game starts unless this starts really late.

Ahh, what the hell. I'll give er a go Basketball

Hey, camn!
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups   Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:58 pm

It is basically a strategic exercise.... You are practically at Lylo most of the time.

And it is quick. .. if you can make up your mind. There ARE no deadlines.

And if all choices are made at random, Scum wins 60% of the time. Its a little off-balanced, but good, quick fun.
Back to top Go down
HowardRoark

HowardRoark

PostSubject: Re: Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups   Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:22 pm

/in like Flint
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups   Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:10 am

/in

this is a deep south set up??
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups   Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:37 am

It is Nightless like Deep South.. but there are no Power roles.. and no night choices (except the Vengeance Kill!).. so it is not technically DS!
Back to top Go down
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

PostSubject: Re: Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups   Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:50 am

I'm in.
However I reserve the right to kill the unluckie basterd that votes my ass out... if you want the town to win don't vote me day one.

Question to the mod: "If the goon gets lynched can he/she still communicate with the Godfather through PM's"?
Back to top Go down
http://stardawn.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Epod~Lady
Spankalicious
Spankalicious
Epod~Lady

PostSubject: Re: Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups   Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:28 am

/Inshkie !
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups   Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:40 pm

And thats Five!

@Guido.. why not? I will allow it. Only via PM, obviously.

We will start TONIGHT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups   Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vengeful Mafia I - sign ups
Page 1 of 1