Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia

Come here to Play Mafia the Forum Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Assigning roles at random

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

Assigning roles at random Empty
PostSubject: Assigning roles at random   Assigning roles at random I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:24 am

There was some discussion in the chatbox about the best way to go about assigning the roles to players so I thought I would suggest using a random number generator it's the way I've always done it and it involves the least effort. I use this one http://www.random.org/integers/

basically how it works is you assign everyone who's playing a number this is how it would look for the current game.

1.Dustin
2.tubby216
3.Stimp
4.thefiend
5.Wave
6.talhun69
7.Adrian
8.Ann R. Kist
9.gtosdad
10.Elipse
11.camn
12.Draklems
13.Epod~Lady
14.juggalorydaz
15.Dj Sypher

then you decide how many special roles there are, in this case let's say 2 mafia 1 cop and 1 doc so four special roles and 15 players, so go to the random number generator and set it to generate 4 numbers with a value between 1 and 15, the first two numbers that come up are your mafia the third is your cop the fourth your doc.

the numbers I got were 12,2,3,13 so in this game draklems and tubby would be mafia stimp would be the cop and epod would be our doctor. hopefully this saves people the effort of having to put all our names in hat. Smile
Back to top Go down
Adrian

Adrian

Assigning roles at random Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assigning roles at random   Assigning roles at random I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:32 am

That's a good idea. I'm gonna bookmark that generator for when I'm modding...

Edit: I took a look at that page and that "integer generator" may create duplicates.

You may use the Sequence Generator and grab the first numbers in the sequence as your special roles.

http://www.random.org/sequences/
Back to top Go down

Assigning roles at random
Page 1 of 1