Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia

Come here to Play Mafia the Forum Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)

Go down 
+7
tubby216
Crystal
Epod~Lady
camn
Stimp
Dustin
Wave
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wave
Wave

Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) Empty
PostSubject: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:49 pm

Well peoples here is the ghost thread. This is for any active ghosts to post what they feel. It is not limited to ghosts as far as who posts in it. But only the ghosts (and game mod) get to enjoy the wonderful drinks, great munchies, and kick-ass tunes playing from the jukebox cooll

I have created a new drink called the 'Dustinator'. Sure to be a ghostly hit Cool
Back to top Go down
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:15 pm

Hey there everybody I'm dead as I'm sure you noticed, I will however continue to try and contribute to the success of the town as best I can that said I'm somewhat shocked how quick you abandoned the kill a lurker approach.

I will defend this theory as it has seemed to come under attack the main reason people seem to oppose this is saying killing an innocent helps the mafia which is true in a sense but wrong in another. Killing an active innocent helps the mafia, killing inactive players does not. If someone does not vote the mafia is in no danger from that person and so will not night kill them anyway and when it comes down to clinch time a townie who does not vote is no better then a dead townie thats why I suggest we kill the inactive players it does us no harm and helps us collect information about voting patterns. Also keep in mind while we are looking for mafia they are searching for our cop and doctor and while it is unlikely that people who do not post at all are mafia it is also likely they are not pro town roles so the mafia would wish us to kill active players hoping to at least flush out the people who we need to win this game and if not that take away people who would vote in support of the town.

So in conclusion I still say the best method until the town has some solid evidence to vote on is to lynch the non-participants it does us no harm it does the mafia no good and it helps us establish patterns and other suspicios activity to vote on.
Back to top Go down
Stimp
TuneBully Refugee
Stimp

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:52 pm

Dustin, the only flaw I see in the kill the lurkers early strategy is that we learn nothing from voting patterns. The mafia would be quite happy to sit back and play along.

Sure, they are hunting our cop but he cant come forward until he has at least 2 or 3 of their names in my opinion. That gives them a huge advantage, the chances are slim that the cop will pick them out early. Look at the last game for instance, he only had 2 to find but kept on investigating innocents. Yes, it paid off in the end as the innocent verdicts led the town to camn but it was a very close run thing and could have easily gone either way at the end.
Back to top Go down
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:04 pm

your absolutely right the mafia could just play along but all the detracts from is the possible gain we get from doing this it still in no way harms us and in no way helps the mafia all the while the cop investigates. So even if the mafia plays along it is in essence no different then killing no one except this way serves to clear away the lurkers who's presence only helps the mafia both by giving the town the false impression of how many votes they have remaining and by causing confusion and giving possible mafia members someone to point at who wont defend themselves when the votes really become important later in the game. Also as I said befor if you don't vote for all practical purposes you may as well be dead we lose nothing by losing the lurkers.
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:19 pm

Hell,

Some of these people just join up and 'walk away'. You can't leave them as a tool for the Mafia.

The last game I played one of the players made a couple of comments on the first day. They were very strange comments in everyone's opinion. That was JPS for anyone there (I'm sure yas know). Then he bugged out apparently. He never voted or made one other post for the rest of the game.

This was TuneBully where playing this game was an option in the forums. This guy did show up multiple times at the main site, but that could have been for music or Stern downloads, who knew why. Perhaps he did go to the game forum and watched, but he never participated in any way after that for whatever reason. He 'walked away'. He didn't do the innocent townies any good and he had an innocent role. It did not help, let's put it that way, though the town did win last game Razz Mafia Razz

Lurkers die or you like 'em scratch Well if you do like them then I gotta wonder if you have some devious mafioso-like qualities lingering about you mafia1
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:27 pm

I hate lurkers so much that, even though it is not the best play, I kill them when I am Mafia, too.

I did this in a recent game.. and the town ERUPTED into confusion about "why him??"

it was incredible.

But All Lurkers must die. I am still pissed about the game at TB where I was the last townie standing........plus 2 lurkers and CRACKHEAD!!

As town, I need fellow townies that I can count on to Vote, and Hunt Scum. Lurkers must die!
Back to top Go down
Epod~Lady
Spankalicious
Spankalicious
Epod~Lady

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:16 pm

I agree , lurkers are NO good for the town. Obviously we can trust Dustin. If your so keen on killing lurkers Camn why were you the first to vote and start the bandwagon on Drak. When even the one person we KNOW is innocent says that voting for the lurker is the better game-play.
(Since we had a tie last night we still have NO info, I agree we should hang someone)
it's just that your statements and your actions seem to be conflicting Camn.

P.S. Like a Star @ heaven Sorry to see you go Dustin , I'm [b]glad[b] to see you are gonna stick around to help us out. I love you Rest in Thought Smile
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:26 am

Keep it in the thread, Baby!

And I don't know why you hate so much!
I thought we were friends.

Though the real answer is.. I have been trying to get Crystal to replace in dead people in the lurker spot.

That's how we do it elsewhere.... and I think it is a good precedent.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Admin
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:36 am

AS I do too camn... but theres sum players not key on it.. so i let it be.. maybe we can make that like a new rule
Back to top Go down
http://gigawattsradio.com
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:58 am

I think it an be mod-dependent.

KILL ALL LURKERS!!
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:19 am

TIME OUT (MEANING NOT REAL GAME THOUGHTS TO FOLLOW!!!!)

But seriously replacing killed/lynched players with former players beacuse they were more vocal is completely unfair. although it does help out the town emensely and would be awesome for us, but for the scummies it suck something feirce. if you want to end lurkers, then allow the mod to make a mass kill like two or three cycles into the their game that would be fair, but body swapping blow ass chunks.

GAME ON!!
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:47 am

Sounds good replacing lurkers with participants, but how would you do that? I mean if someone is killed and shown to be innocent are they not being granted a guaranteed innocent role when they take over from the lurker?

How would you replace them without that compromise?

Also, I think that the ratio of Mafia to town is too high. It was sheer luck last game that we won. The Mafia already have an advantage being able to communicate and they seem to take most every game. There has to be some kind of balance so that the odds are on more of an even keel, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dj Sypher

Dj Sypher

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 6:44 pm

Damn Curses...sorry i been away peeps been really busy and after my death i didnt feel the need to have the page always open so as soon as i got back i could hit refresh and catch up......

Wow Have you seen whats going on in there the lurker boondox is coming out lets hope he is scum...

Still Anoyed at the lack of attention talhun is getting please watch him guys.... almost certain thefiend is scum but we all thought that already, we just didnt all move on it... Oh well Come on town... we can still win this...
Back to top Go down
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:30 am

This is not a recommendation I am just thinking out loud here so pleases do not act on my words alone but I think it may be time for the cop to reveal himself. Currently there are 8 townies and 4 mafia the cop has to have at least 4 verdicts even if these are all innocents it increases our odds of lynching a mafioso to 50% plus we already know that wave is innocent so if he was not one of the people investigated then we have five people who are town for sure which is enough to win.

Even if wave was one of the people investigated that still only leaves us 1 innocent verdict away from victory and if you come out the doc can protect you and we for sure get at least that one last verdict but if you don't reveal yourself The mafias odds of getting the cop increase everyday and if you come out the doc can protect you if you do not and the mafia gets lucky then we cant benefit from your investigations at all. So I think it may now be prudent to reveal yourself especially if you have a guilty verdict who knows 1 may be all we need to piece this whole thing out and even if you don't have a guilty verdict the innocent verdicts would certainly be helpfull but once again do not act on my word alone make this decision for yourself, anyone else have an opinion on this?
Back to top Go down
Dj Sypher

Dj Sypher

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:42 am

ok right yeah im a complete noob, but have my suspicions been un-just or completly wrong...nope... but this new twist is a pain in the arse... but talhun changed his vote from some one he claimed innocent... to some1 who is probably also innocent... its the right move i really feel that now...

if ur innocent talhun, well done u fooled me and i'll be sorry to see you here with the rest of us...
Back to top Go down
statelywayne

statelywayne

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:50 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to the ghosts of Dustin and DJ Sypher for a lot of great insights this game, I'm pretty sure we're going to win this one!
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Wave wrote:
Sounds good replacing lurkers with participants, but how would you do that? I mean if someone is killed and shown to be innocent are they not being granted a guaranteed innocent role when they take over from the lurker?

No, no!

The replacement takes the ROLE of the lurker, too.

Thus if the lurker is scum, the replacement is, too.... etc.

Generally it is done with players who NEVER were participants in that current game.

but Ive seen it done with dead people. It can be confusing, though.
Back to top Go down
talhun69
talhun69

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:21 pm

I join you scummy townies in the Ghostly Bar & Grill, not because the town discovered who I was, but because of an act of God (Mod)....but I believe that I have been royaly sex

I took my own life and died with dignity...not by the hand of you fungu..... Very Happy

I will explain my thoughts on todays events after the end of this game, for obvious reasons I can't explain them now, it would give to much away.....

My Boys will see to you now...

Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) 1560023
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinglakeolivegrove.com
Wave
Wave

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:58 pm

I hate to take the side of the Mafia. I really do. In fact I don't. But I want fair. And now by coincidence I know even more than I should.

Wave bows his head and takes hisself out with a bullet to the head. Mafia kill accomplished as well.
Back to top Go down
talhun69
talhun69

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:15 pm

You is a good man wave, a good man...

Perhaps in another lifetime we may have been brothers, comrades, captains together in this thing we call The Family

Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) 1560022
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:03 pm

God.. the day that Wave is mafia.. I hope he tastes the noose SO FAST!

(I'm still mad about your brilliant scumhunting last game!)
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:01 am

Damn,

Sorry Epod~Lady rip I hate that. You get a big tall one on the house. Well, it's all on the house for innocent ghosts, lol cool
Back to top Go down
Epod~Lady
Spankalicious
Spankalicious
Epod~Lady

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:46 am

Thanks Wave Smile Glad it's me here and not our Beloved Doc . Like a Star @ heaven I love you music
Back to top Go down
talhun69
talhun69

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 3:37 am

he
he
he
he
he
ha
ha
ha
ha
ha
he
he
he
he
guffaw guffaw

Well Well, it seems Epod finally got what was coming to her..... sex

claps idk fu
Back to top Go down
Dj Sypher

Dj Sypher

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 am

Glad you topped your self talhun....saved my fellow townies dirtying they hands with you...

it wasnt an act of god...you let it go by suddenly deciding to be cop....after a lack of participation...as you know talhun i had you in my sights be greatfull you lasted that long...Razz

if i wasnt such a noob my fellow townies may have listened...but fair play well done you avoided detecton of the seasoned players...

so congrats.... still glad ur out tho Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)   Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghostly Bar & Grill (Ghost Thread 01)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next