Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia

Come here to Play Mafia the Forum Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mafia XI - border town

Go down 
+9
Wave
Guido Capone
camn
Draklems
Killa
HowardRoark
tubby216
wildirishrose
Dustin
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustin
Admin
Admin
Dustin

Mafia XI - border town Empty
PostSubject: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:43 am

1928 the height of prohibition a quiet town on the Canadian border has been drastically changed by the increase in trade to America. A new logging company has recently been created and has attracted many new citizens to the town, Inevitably followed by businessmen and others looking to make a profit. Given the towns remote location it's not surprising to learn that many of these new settlers have dark pasts and things to hide but even amongst these hardened world weary individuals a deep fear is growing a fear that some amongst them are not as they seem, and they are right.

One night a body is discovered in the town square a helpless woman killed with a single shot to the back of the head the method of death clearly meant to convey the ruthlessness of these cold blooded killers, and on her chest a single black rose the calling card of the Cosa Nostra. The mafia intends to claim this town for there own and use it to smuggle alcohol over the American border, the killing was meant to scare the villagers away however the mafia has underestimated these people. Not willing to sacrifice all they had worked for and flee from these murderers but unable to seek help from law enforcement due to there own tragic pasts the citizens come to a grim consensus that it is up to them to find the identities of these killers and bring them to justice with there own hands.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone and welcome to mafia XI the above was the story narrative I will make a post like that whenever someone is killed or an important event takes place to further the story line if you're not interested and only want the hard facts of the game I will post those below the narrative separated by a --- bar so you all don't have to read y amateur writing if you don't want Smile.

To kick things off we have a total of 12 players they are:

Epod~Lady
tubby216
Crystal
Wave
Draklems
HowardRoark
Guido Capone
TC
Killa
wildirishrose
PIMPHEDPE
camn

this is a very basic setup town versus mafia the town has superior numbers but do not know who is who and cannot communicate outside the thread, the mafia are fewer but know each others identity and can communicate outside the game thread. The mafia get 1 kill every night phase and the town gets 1 kill every day phase. The town kill is via a lynching and must reach a majority vote on who is to be killed.

the special roles in this game are as follows.

1 cop: the ability to make 1 investigation per night if the person investigated is town then the cop will receive a "innocent" response from me if the player investigated is mafia the cop will receive a "guilty" response from me. With the exception of the godfather as he is immune from investigations he will return an "innocent" verdict as if he were town.

1 doc: can choose to protect 1 player a night that player will be immune from being killed during that night phase. returns a "innocent" verdict if investigated

2 mafia goons: the lower ranking mafia members, they may communicate with one another and there godfather outside the thread and are allied against the town. They return a "guilty" verdict if investigated

1 mafia godfather: the highest ranking mafioso, is responsible for PMing the mafias pick for the kill to me during the night phase. Can communicate with fellow mafioso outside the thread. returns a "innocent" verdict if investigated.

1 repentant vigilante: a role of my own concoction the repentant vigilante gets a 1 time night kill to be used when and if he sees fit, the twist is that if he kills a innocent townie then he commits suicide the next day not only does he die but his suicide robs the town of there decided lynching victim for that day. If he kills a mafia member however he continues to live on but out if regret for his murder he no longer is able to kill at night. This role can either be a great help or a serious burden to the town it must be played wisely.

If you have not received a PM from myself then you are a vanilla townie and have no special abilities you must use logic to uncover the mafia and hope to convince others and kill them with your lynch vote during the day.

We will have a long first day period to get everyone acclimated it will start 12 am widget clock time Monday and end 12 am widget clock time Wednesday, that's a 48 hour first day each day after that will be 24 hours the night period will last until I have received all night actions from the special role. If anyone has any questions abot the rules or the roles pls PM me with them I will be happy to help, that's what I'm here for Smile.
Back to top Go down
wildirishrose

wildirishrose

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:15 am

woohoo first post of the game welcome noobs and wb vets. glad we're getting to play again finally. i've been looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:16 am

vote camn obv scum

and its about time game on
Back to top Go down
HowardRoark

HowardRoark

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:23 am

vote: Guido Capone

I mean, come on, look at that name! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
wildirishrose

wildirishrose

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:41 am

i feel left out now

vote howard

i hate the steelers and i'm mad they won. lol
Back to top Go down
HowardRoark

HowardRoark

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:48 am

Sorry, wildirishrose, but that's the way the house of cards falls. (I considered an anti-Steelers retaliation vote, but opted against it . . . for now. Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Killa

Killa

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:03 am

Whooooooooooooooop Whooooooooooooooooooop..... Very Happy..... i've sooooo missed this game....
justa heads up i might not post a whole lot as im workin away and wont be getting back till late well 8 pm my time lol....
Welcome back all... and welcome to the game new peeps... lets have fun.... GO TOWN Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.urchoiceradio.com
Draklems

Draklems

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:58 am

I think somethings wrong, I never received my PM.

Or did I....Ma Ha Ha HA!!!!
Back to top Go down
wildirishrose

wildirishrose

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Hello.......Hello.....Hello

it's so quiet in this town my voice echoes. where is everybody?
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Ohmygod you suck!

VOTE TUBBY

How can I be scum when I haven't even posted!?

Hello everyone.
Big exam today, so I might not be online... but during the week I should check in regular-like.
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:52 pm

camn wrote:
Ohmygod you suck!

VOTE TUBBY

How can I be scum when I haven't even posted!?

its because you haven't posted if you were town you would have been all over this thread!!!!

oh that and now its simply a matter of tradition at this point,,,

and to the rest of the town~ You realize the way we win this game is but people actively disscussing, only scum lurk.

I know it has been a long vacation from playin so i will goive you some time, I am also alowing for the post super bowl hang over recovery time, but if i don't see some activity picking up 8pm widget clock time tonite oooh man thing may get crazy up in this peice!
Back to top Go down
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Welcome welcome welcome...(not an echo)

Well it's nice to see you all back again, hope you all had a nice holiday. good luck to everyone hope we have a good game hope to see you all at the end of this prohibition.

Now on to business,,, as has become the norm, looks like it's time to do some fishing.

Vote Howard, just cuz you don't like my name it's my fathers name and his afore him.

Rose my dear sister how have you been. I thought you and Tubby were going to stay in America, well the towns all the better for you two being here... Peace, Love.

Tubby my brave brother, I told you opening a Club was a bad business idea,,, should have listen to the old man when he said get into the family business.

Crystal my once apon a time lover. It fills my heart with joy to see you around here,,, maybe we can get together for a drink and "talk" aboot old times.

Wave, Draks, and Camn,,, Now there are three people that get my blood preasure rising just from reading the names... Welcome back ya'll.

Epod my fellow hippie... It is so nice to see your beautiful face around the smoke circle I will always be to your left.

TC I have seen you around so I will give a holla out to you as a vet nice to see you back in town.

And last but not least I would like to welcome the newbies to Border Town hope you live long enough to save this town from disaster.

Last edited by Guido Capone on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://stardawn.forumotion.net/forum.htm
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Hmm.. Given that Vanilla townies got no PM, it might be more fair to say SCUM and POWER ROLES would be 'all over this thread'.

Hmm.

3 scum, 3 PRs... that's 6 PMs out... and only 6 of us have posted. (now Guido makes 7?)

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:03 pm

i htink they are doin the whole lurk to win gambit,,

of course i am a posting fiend regardless of alignment so i guess that doesn;t count for me.
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Are you admitting you are scum?
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:13 pm

no thats not what i am saying , what i am saying is that activity at this point is a non-tell.

meaning it could go either way, more or less a wifom disscussion
Back to top Go down
HowardRoark

HowardRoark

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Interesting theory, camn, but I'm gonna have to go with some of us were more excited to play this game and were therefore ready to jump into action as soon as the game began.
Back to top Go down
camn

camn

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:25 pm

It's tubby's theory.

First he says non-posters = scum...
then he says EXCEPT HIM, that he could be scum even though he is posting...
now he says its a null-tell.

Very interesting.

I gotta go to school. I will look into this LATER.

My vote on Tubby stands. For now.

Howard, you're suspect. Or should I say Howard.
Back to top Go down
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:35 pm

personaly I think that scum would be more inclined to constantly point fingers just to stir the pot..... hmmm who do we know that does that alot... hmm indeed.
Back to top Go down
tubby216
tubby216

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:49 pm

hmm camn seriously??

all i said was that the lack of activity was anti town, the you stated that activity is related to poweroles, if anything you are lookin far more suspect at this point.
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Hello, everyone. Guess it didn't take long for the slinging to begin as well as the voting. I don't have any opinion yet, but am also not a lurker. Just got back from a trip to the reserve for smokes.
Back to top Go down
wildirishrose

wildirishrose

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:30 pm

did u get me any when u went wave i ran out a couple days ago?

but i think camn was just fishing to see if anybody would slip up as to their role. but right now i think it's pointless we're the most active players every game and not having played for months we're all going to jump on the thread as soon as it opens. it was no secret when the game was going to start.
Back to top Go down
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:30 pm

I agree with rose before the game took a holiday we vets were the most active then... now with the game on we're all just saying high.
Back to top Go down
Wave
Wave

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Ahh, it's a bitch to run out of the cheap smokes, indeed. I'm the one in our little group that does the fetching. It pays off as I obtain free cartons for myself.

Anyway, this is our long day. I'll be waiting for lurkers first unless any of the scum want to 'fess up right now.
Back to top Go down
Guido Capone

Guido Capone

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:42 pm

At least you get smokes out of the deal...

To keep from double posting I am adding...

So who made money on the Super Bowl<><><><><> cheers cheereader beat it

Last edited by Guido Capone on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia XI - border town   Mafia XI - border town I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mafia XI - border town
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next